OHSAS 18001 – Health and Safety
OHSAS 18001 sets out a preventative and proactive approach which involves identifying workplace hazards and assessing and controlling risk.
Key elements health and safety OHSAS 18001
Some of the essential elements of the Standard include:
- Developing OH&S policy
- Implementing policy and plans
- Checking for problems and taking corrective action
- Reviewing management processes
- Sustaining continual improvement.
The benefits of health and safety OHSAS 18001
Organizations certified to the Standard report a range of benefits, including:
- A reduction in lost working days
- Fewer workplace accidents
- Fewer medical claims
- Recognition by insurers and regulators
- A more disciplined approach to safety
- Improved employee motivation, retention and satisfaction
- Reduced legal costs
- Less time and money spent on accident-related investigation and paperwork.
Want know more?
If you would like to discuss how Almir Business Ltd can assist you with implementing a quality management system for health and safety, please contact us.